Friday, May 13, 2011

Explanations With More Explanations

     So it looks like I'm starting a blog, and hopefully I will continue to keep up with it and keep it updated. I don't think that will be too difficult of a job since I only have two weeks left of school and then comes the start of my boring summer while I wait to leave for the beautiful North Carolina skies. 
     I decided that it might be a good idea to explain the reasons for why I decided to create a blog. I discovered not too long ago that a friend of mine had one, and that's what sparked the idea of proceeding with this. I don't want to copy her by any means, but instead create one of my own that is original and hopefully enjoyable for others to read. I thought that this blog would be a great way to give people, whoever it may be, an incite to the not quite normal life I live with eventing and such. It seems to be a beneficial way for family, moderately interested friends, or perhaps no one if they choose not to read it, a way to keep up with what is going on in my life, especially when I will be leaving everyone in my town in just a short matter of time to live in North Carolina for the next six or nine months. Everyone who is just a tad bit curious of what and how I'm doing can see what I'm up to with this blog. 
     Just a heads up, most of this blog will indeed revolve around the occuring events of my wonderful horse, Stoney. I don't doubt there will be a few non horse related blogs, but that will be few and frequent. My horse is my life, and most of the time there isn't much happening in my life that doesn't tie him into it in some way or another.
     Continuing with the explanations, I'll explain the title of my blog and why I chose it. Since the blog will mostly deal with my horse, I felt that this title described him quite well. Literally, he really is a horse of a different color. Being the color grey, he does stand out a little compared to all the other bays and chestnuts out there, but not only does it fit him in the literal meaning, but also in the figurative meaning as well. There are many who have heard the saying, "a horse of a different color." That's exactly what he is. For me, he is THE horse of a different color. I've competed numerous horses before, but never have I owned a horse that posses such talent and athleticism. From the first show he ever competed at, offers for him were made. It made me realize that this horse, taken care of and given the proper time, can take me all the way to where I want to go in this sport, and it makes me feel blessed that I fell into such a talented horse for the limited price my family could put forth. He truly is amazing. So amazing I can't help but put a cute picture of him at the end of this post (:
     So enough babbling about my horse, although I could go on about him for days. Hopefully, this blog will be a success in that it is an enjoyment to read and show others what my life is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment