Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not so Bright

     So I realized how not so bright my bright idea was of starting a blog at this specific time, since it makes no sense when I will not be seeing my horse for another 22 days, give or take. 
     Because the baby boy is down at Mike's getting to go through a five week boot camp, this leaves my blog to be somewhat pointless until I am reunited with my other half. I know that this is the best thing for him as of now, especially with all of my AP and final exams I am forcing myself to tackle, but it doesn't take away from the fact of how much I miss my grey pony. Once you reach the point of not seeing your horse for the time period of a week or so, that is when you actually start to miss all the obnoxious things they tend to do. Crazy how I actually miss Stoney grabbing my shirt with his slimy mouth or continually throwing his feed bucket out of his stall. He has so much character, what can I say. 
     I remember this past summer I left him for only a week when my family and I traveled to Florida, and I began to miss him after only three days. I'm not sure how I've survived the nine so far. Wow, only nine days? It has felt like at least two weeks by now. *sigh*
     Although I miss him like crazy, I've been traveling so much and going non stop this spring that it is nice to be able to have some time off and know that my horse is still getting worked productively and even maintained on a better schedule then I could have produce for him. With our crazy weather like it is, I was constantly battling to ride whenever I could, fit in homework in between, and manage to get minimal sleep so I could function well enough to do it all again the next day.
     However, I can't hide my excitement of how anxious I am to get back down to Texas (which seems as if it's my second home now) to see a completely different horse from the one I left before. I'm anxious to see how much muscle and weight he will have finally put on from such extensive training and being stalled more than he has been at home. With this anxiousness comes worrying as well, for I hope that I will be able to maintain my fitness while he is away. This spring, I finally felt like I was back to the top of my performing and riding, something I haven't felt since before Remi's injury. Now that I'm finally back to where I need to be, I'm hoping I don't lose it by this absence of riding. I've brought myself to do light flat work on Raven, and I've been doing a lot of cardio work along with muscle work to keep/strengthen the muscles of my core, arms, and legs. Still, when I go to ride Stoney, who has jumped at least four times a week the entire time in Texas, I will have not jumped in five weeks. That's a scary thought. What's even scarier is going to Texas Rose Horse Trials to compete the same weekend I go to pick him up. Thankfully, I will be getting a lesson in Thursday afternoon and Friday morning before we head over to the horse trials, which will be vital for me. I have a feeling, way, way far away though, that we might just have one of our best horse trials. Or it could just as easily be one of our worse since I will not have ridden him in weeks. But I have a gut feeling that it will all work out, and just those two days of lessons before will fix everything that needs to be fixed.
     Even with my paranoid self, I'm sure everything will pull out just fine as long as I keep myself disciplined over the next few weeks. Only nine more days before I leave my high school for good. I can't even contain the excitement of it all, even with the immense stress that is overtaking me with all my semester projects, research papers, and exams. It'll all be over with before I know it. No more teachers cramming in projects and tests, no more disapproving attendants in the office due to my absences, and no more stressing over my GPA....at least for a year.
     I guess there won't be much more to blog about for the next few weeks, with the exception of me flying to North Carolina on the 1st of June to stay for a few days, meet Will Faudree, and visit his farm that Stoney and I will be staying at for the next year. I know I will have some serious things to talk about once that trip comes to a conclusion (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment